WELCOME TO ECCLESFIELD GROUP PRACTICE
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
ECCLESFIELD GROUP PRACTICE - IMPORTANT UPDATES
Out of Area (OOA) Registrations
COVID-19 Vaccination update
Following extensive trials, the first safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine has been approved in the UK and is now available to priority groups.
Vaccinations are being delivered according to priority groups identified by the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). The vaccinations may not take place at your practice, but rather a local vaccination service (led by GPs, practices nurses and community pharmacists) who are responsible for delivering the vaccine to people in your community.
When it is the right time for you to receive your vaccination, you will receive an invitation to come forward. This may be via the phone, or through a letter either from your GP or the National Booking System.
We know lots of people will be eager to get protected but we are asking people not to contact the practice to get an appointment as you will not be able to get one until you are contacted.
GP DATA FOR PLANNING AND RESEARCH (GPDPR)
Data Opt Out Information
You may be aware of a new NHS Digital initiative https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/data-collections-and-data-sets/data-collections/general-practice-data-for-planning-and-research to extract information from GP records for research and other purposes. Patients might want to opt out of this data collection and there are 2 different requirements to opt out:
- Type 1 data opt out - Urgent action required as the opt out window closes on 23 June 2021
- This is to protect GP data held on your system. Patients need to complete a form and leave it at reception. https://nhs-prod.global.ssl.fastly.net/binaries/content/assets/website-assets/data-and-information/data-collections/general-practice-data-for-planning-and-research/type-1-opt-out-form.docx
- Type 2 data opt out - No time limit
This is to protect non-GP data held on your system, e.g. hospital or clinic treatment.
- Patients can do this for themselves by visiting the Make your choice webpage. https://www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters/manage-your-choice/
- For children under 13 the form available here should be used. https://assets.nhs.uk/nhsuk-ms/documents/Make_and_manage_your_choice_or_your_childs_choice_PDF_224kb.pdf
- For dependant adults the form available here should be used. https://assets.nhs.uk/nhsuk-cms/documents/Make_and_manage_a_choice_for_someone_else_PDF_154kb.pdf
Try the new NHS App
If you’re a patient at our practice you can now use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
If you already use 'SystmOnline' you can continue to use it. You can use the NHS App as well. For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp'